Apr 27, 2012

boy woman and boss - value of oneself - joke

A little boy went to a telephone Booth,
which was at the cash counter of a store,
...and dialed a number.
...The store-owner observed
and listened to the Conversation:

Boy:
"Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?

Woman: (at the other end of the phone line):
"I already have someone to cut my lawn.."

Boy:
"Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price
than the person who cuts your lawn now.."

Woman:
"I'm very satisfied with the person
who is presently cutting my lawn.."

Boy: (with more perseverance):
"Lady, I'll even sweep the floor
and the stairs of your house for free.."

Woman:
"No, thank you.."

With a smile on his face,
the little boy replaced the receiver.
The store-owner, who was listening to all this,
walked over to the boy.

Store Owner:
"Son..., I like your attitude;
I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a Job.."

Boy : "No thanks.."

Store Owner:
"But you were really pleading for one..!"

Boy:
"No Sir, I was just checking
my performance at the job I already have.
I am the one who is working for that Lady I was talking to..!"

-This is called
"Self Appraisal..".. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment